Thursday, September 22, 2011

for the car

While we were in Charlotte we took a few trips to my sister Juli's house to swim in her pool and visit. Juli lives about 30 minutes from my parents, so we were always trying to come up with something fun to do to keep the kids happy in the car (that whole, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" thing is not a joke. I think our boys like to see how many times they can say it before taking a breath). This is one of the games we came up with.

I would take a picture of Zach making a ridiculously hilarious face:


I'd show the picture to the kids (Quinn, Max and their cousin Elle), and they would laugh hysterically, and then I'd take a picture of them trying to duplicate it:


(seriously proud moment here. I didn't know Max had it in him.)

Round 2:




Results:




It was a great way to pass the time. But since we were dealing with a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 3 year old, the thrill didn't last very long. In that case, I would suggest this:









Hope that helps for your next long car ride.

4 comments:

aswigfromthesiggs said...

Oh I am so happy you put this video on! Jack has already watched it 6 times :)

OUR HOUSE said...

Love the photo idea. Not so much the screaming - I'd prefer the silence game;)

Sarah said...

Oh ma heck Katie. I love your blog. Total Hilariousness.

Shannon said...

thanks for the laughs