Tuesday, February 8, 2011

possibly the saddest video you've ever seen

A little background:

Max is on the phone with my mom.

She makes a suggestion of something for him to do.

You can see the exact moment when he decides that it's a great idea.

He agrees to do it (cutest "um, yeah!" ever).

Stands up.

At this point I think he's done talking to Nanny and now going to start playing with me, which I don't want him to do. I'm hoping to capture more of his sweet voice on video.

So I push him away.

Now, the video:

After he started crying he didn't want to talk anymore, so I took the phone back.

My mom said, "Why did he start crying???"

I said, "Because he tried to lay down on my face!! So I pushed him back onto my lap!"

And she said, "Oh.... I told him to give you a hug....."

And there's my mean mothering moment of the day.

I don't know how many times I've watched this video, but it makes me laugh every time. And then I feel like a jerk. And then I watch it again.

4 comments:

Malia said...

Oh to be a fly on the wall at your house, I think i might lose 10 pounds a week laughing! You are too too funny! Keep it up, i am living vicariously through you! and by the way, meany! lol

Kristine Pratt said...

that was the saddest little cry ever! Nice one Katie!

OUR HOUSE said...

Oooooohhh, that IS sad....and funny:)

Unknown said...

He is adorable and THAT is way funny! Thankfully he still loves ya!