1. You could all laugh at me and say, "Who do you think you are? Oprah??"
2. You could all laugh at me and say, "What made you think anyone would want something you made??
3. My husband could laugh at me.
4. You could all laugh at me and say, "That's ugly. And so are you. And so are your kids." (just kidding. that last part would never happen)
5. You could all enter, and then someone would win, and I would forget or be lazy and never send it to them and it would get really awkward and I would probably never blog or talk to that person ever again. Yikes!
6.You could all enter, and then someone would win, and I would send it to them, and we'd all go about our lives as if nothing ever happened (except for the person who won. their life would never be the same. in a good way).
I like to consider all the possibilities before jumping into anything.
So here's the deal. My lovely friend (and fashion guru) Launa was wearing a scarf the other day that I loved. When she took it off and showed it to me she said it was an "eternity scarf," a fancy way of saying that it was a big strip of fabric sewn into a circle that you loop around your neck. Genius. As she held it up I did that thing like robots do when they're figuring something out and you see everything like they see them: measurements, weight of fabric, possible variations... And then I remembered that I wasn't a robot....
Anyways, so I made one. And I have enough fabric to make another one. And so I'd like to give one away. And what better way to do that than by shamelessly getting people to admit that, 1) They like me, they really like me! And, 2) Follow me. Yowzers, that last one sounds serious....
And you may or may not know this, but I have serious issues with taking pictures of myself. It's painful. It's embarrassing. I feel like a big, huge dweeb. So I had to make this as fun for me as possible. And sunglasses seemed to do the trick. So here's the scarf and the many ways you could fashion it around that pretty little neck of yours:
Looped twice and laid back, yo (this is how I wear it):
Looped three times and worn as a disguise, (sneaky sneaky)
or to keep your neck (and face) warm if it's super cold outside (this picture makes me laugh):
Simply hung around your neck all lazy-like (but I wouldn't recommend making that face. if you've ever seen the movie Empire Records, I was harnessing my inner Warren. and I would have taken a better picture where the scarf looked a little nicer, but I was really paranoid that maybe my neighbor could see me, so I was trying to hurry. ):
But no matter how you wear it, it'll be hard not to look like this:
So here's how you get two, (2), TWO! entries:
1. Leave a comment on this post. Any comment. And come on, don't be shy. We're all friends here.
2. Be or become a follower to my silly little blog. (I'm adding that part simply because it makes me super happy when I get new followers. that's the part where my husband laughs at me)
Leave one comment per entry like this:
comment #1. You're a big nerd, but I want that scarf.
comment #2. I'm a follower but only because you made me do it.
See? Easy peasy.
Oh, and the scarf is made out of the fabric that I got from Mood while I was in NYC. :) It's nothing too fancy, just a super thin, soft cotton. I love it. And really, I wear it almost every day.
So go enter. Giveaway ends on Sunday night (Feb. 13th) at midnight (or would that be considered Monday morning?? You know what I mean). Winner will be picked via Random.org and announced on Monday... Or Tuesday... And if I'm feeling super generous the winner may get a few more goodies in their package. :)
And for good measure, one more picture. With me being normal. Just so you know that wearing the scarf won't automatically make you act like an idiot. But what's with the hands on my hips??
My name is Katie and knowing that there's no one else on the other side of the camera makes me feel like a nerd.