Monday, April 12, 2010

#2

No, I'm not talking about poop.


I've finished my second shirt for Made By Rae's Spring Top Week. I don't think I said that on my previous post, so there you go. I'm entering these in a sewing contest. I know. I'm a silly silly girl. But, it's sure been fun working towards something. And it's convinced me that it's time I invest in a serger. Zach's been trying to get me to buy one for a while now, so I guess I'll give in a buy the expensive thing already. Sheesh, he can be such a hassle sometimes.... kidding....

Anyways, here's the shirt. Again, I refashioned a men's t into a cute fitted t and gave it a bit of a gathered scoop neck. Then I cut the individual flowers from Heather Bailey's Pineapple Brocade fabric, used iron-on fusing to attach it to another fabric so that they would be a little more sturdy, and sewed them onto the shirt by hand. Whew.

I got my inspiration for it from this Anthropologie shirt. Cute, right? But who can drop $78 on a t-shirt?? I certainly can't. So while mine may not be quite as impressive as theirs, mine was free! :)

I asked Zach to take pictures of me in it so I could enter it into the contest, and I don't know WHY but for some reason the man is incapable of taking pretty pictures of me. Seriously. It's a problem. He believes that he just lacks the ability to take good pictures. And I hope that's the case because I'm beginning to worry that maybe I'm really just ugly whenever he's standing in front of me. Sorry Zach. I think I'm kinda pretty other times. Just not when he's looking through a camera. So after him taking picture after picture of me looking dowdy and lumpy and gross, he finally got this excellent shot:

He liked it. I like it too. In fact I think I may just start making the grossest faces I can think of instead of actually trying to smile and look pretty in pictures. I have a gift for ugly faces. Really, I do. I shouldn't hide that gift under a bushel anymore.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the shirt it looks awesome! I wish I had sewing talent. Oh well can't have it all.

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

Don't buy a serger at Walmart. Just. Don't.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Numbers 3,4,and 5 because this one's a winner!!
Mama Sigg

Kristine Pratt said...

The shirt looks great! And I love your face in this picture!

Anonymous said...

You are rockin these Tshirt transformations. Love it. btw- you are so not lumpy in these pics. I do like the last pic the best though. :)

Jenny said...

Love it. Heather Bailey's fabric is so beautiful, I love what you did!