Wednesday, February 8, 2012

8. sun

Of course the day for the "sun" picture is grey and gloomy. Luckily, right before the sun went down behind the mountains it managed to peek out from behind the clouds for about 15 minutes. Who cares that it was raining just a little bit? Mama has to get a picture! Get outside boys!


Plus this picture is working double duty since the boys are showing off their new hoodies. One of my friends who has little boys knows how I don't get rid of any clothes around here because they can always be re-purposed into something else, so she passes things along to us. She gave us a big bag of clothes the other day and immediately Quinn pulled out this red hoodie that had a giant Elmo face on the front of it. He wore it around the house that day, but before he could get to it the next day I took it in my sewing room and covered up Elmo (sorry, but I'm pretty picky when it comes to character clothes). I brought it out when I was finished and before he could ask about Elmo I said, "Have you ever heard on Captain America???" After watching a few video clips he was THRILLED to have a Captain America hoodie. Then I grabbed the other hoodie from the bag (it said "DINOSAUR PATROL!" on it), and after looking up other superhero emblems I decided on The Flash. I was so excited with how it turned out, but in true Max form he refused to put it on and when I asked him why he said, "I hate it." Punk. But now, after a week, he's wearing it with a smile. That boy. He's a tricky one.

2 comments:

jen said...

i LOVE the new hoodies. so smart to cover up elmo's smug face. ha ha.
we had a gloomy and rainy day, too.

MaryPosa said...

You know how team Einfeldt feels about these hoodies. And way to incorporate both Marvel and DC universes, we totally respect and admire that.