Tuesday, August 30, 2011

tuesday confessional

I've been considering a confession-type post for a little while now. And then today my friend Hailey did one. I thought that was funny. So now I'm going to follow suit. Here are my confessions:

-I feel much more justified in being lazy if it's gloomy and rainy outside. Which is why I've been hoping for more gloomy and rainy days lately.

-I've been noticing for a while now that my eyebrows seem to be disappearing. Thinning out, getting more and more blonde. So a few weeks ago I bought a brow pencil and have been drawing my eyebrows on since then. So far no one has told me I look like Groucho Marx, so I guess I'm doing it right. And even though I think I look better with more defined eyebrows, I still feel weird every time I do it.


-We have a rule in our house that if you disobey, you go in time-out. And if you whine and complain while you're in time-out, then you won't get to come out until you're quiet for a good amount of time. I really, really, really don't understand why Quinn, who is 5, can't sit in there quietly, but instead sits in there whining and screaming that he wants to come out. Which means that instead of staying in there for 2 minutes, he usually has to stay in there for at least 10 minutes and by the time he comes out he can't even remember why he had to go in there in the first place. This annoys me more than anything else in the entire world.

-Not only did I just paint our kitchen floor yellow; I'm also about to paint flowers in a deeper shade of yellow all over it. I think that if there was some variation in color on the floor then it wouldn't look as dirty as quick. Which means I don't have to scrub it as often....

-I could listen to Russell Brand read the phone book.

-I've decided that I deserve some sort of treat at the end of every day, simply for surviving and keeping the children alive and mostly happy. Last night it was a cold chocolate milk and it was soooooo good. I don't know what it will be tonight but I'm already looking forward to it.

-I'm also really looking forward to Survivor and The Office coming back on. Does looking forward to tv shows ever make you feel lame?

I'm sure I could keep going, but Quinn is standing beside me yelling "IT'S TIME TO GO NOOOWWWW!!" So I guess we need to go.... Catch ya later....

7 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

Loved reading your confessions. The eye brows one made me laugh the most! You are too funny. Can't wait to see pics of your kitchen soon!

MaryPosa said...

"I could listen to Russell Brand read the phone book." Me too. Twice.

And I look forward to TV way more than I probably should. Community, 30 Rock, Fringe, Mad Men... I'll just stop there to save myself the embarrassment.

I like this idea.

jen said...

I am going to do a confessional post today too. Thanks for the inspiration. And yes, I look forward to TV shows. We don't have channels, so I can only watch what we can get on Netflix and Hulu. Hulu kind of sucks when all the good shows are on break. On the plus side, I read more.

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

hahaha I'm so flattered I inspired a post! Does this make me one of those cool, popular bloggers now? :)
Russell Brand? Oh me too.
And the eyebrow thing made me laugh. I definitely don't think I'll ever have that problem. If I let mine go too long, they get ridiculous (think squirrel-like).

Char-and-Gibson said...

I wish my eyebrows would disappear...

robin said...

i feel the same way about lazy days. as soon as it starts raining, i'm like, "okay kids! movie time!"

and the amount of love i have for tv is sick. i should be admitted to some sort of rehab. so no, your eagerness for fall is indeed not lame.

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.