Saturday, August 13, 2011

to-do

I had a post ready that would explain my tardiness, but Blogger won't let me upload any pictures. Punks.

So here's what I'm going to suggest you do:

First, go to Pandora and create a Neil Diamond station. Now slap yourself in the face for not doing it years ago.

Then create a station based on the song "Then He Kissed Me" by The Crystals. And at the start of almost every song that plays you can yell out, "What movie?!!" Possible answers: Back To The Future, Adventures In Babysitting (obviously), Dirty Dancing, The Sandlot. Fun!!

Then, if you've got the urge to feel what it's like to be in my parents living room on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the summertime of my youth, go ahead and create a John Philip Sousa station. I'm warning you - It's peppy. I haven't attempted house cleaning to this yet because every time I turn it on Quinn comes to me and says, "Mom, it's too loud." But I bet it would be great cleaning music.

Now if you want something really peppy that'll make you feel all happy and warm inside, go listen to this. A few days after we came home from N.C. Zach sat down to the computer and asked, "What's that song your dad always plays??" I knew what he was talking about right away but couldn't remember which movie it was from. It took a minute to track it down, and as soon as it started Zach yelled "THAT'S IT!!!" Makes me happy.

Now for some go old 80's nostalgia, create a station based on "If You Leave" by OMD. Also a good one for playing "Name That Movie". It's awesome. But I don't think Zach's as much of a fan as I am.

So as a nod to Zachary, I would suggest creating a Blind Pilot station (it gets played a lot in this house), and a station based on The Avett Brothers (love those good old North Carolina boys). Mmmmm.....


It shouldn't be hard for you to do all of this and enjoy a wide variety of fantastic music. But since Quinn is the boss in this house, this is what we've been forced to listen to on repeat all day:





Not ideal, but it could be much, much worse.


4 comments:

robin said...

can i just say that you are hilarious.

and i actually have an avett brothers station! whoa.

OUR HOUSE said...

"Clue" - excellent choice Mr. Quinn:)

jen said...

I have an Avett Brothers station, but they are a staple here in NC. :) And I did slap myself for not having a Neil Diamond station sooner. I love Neil Diamond!

Lanae said...

I took your advice...the Avett Bro's and the cello- LOVE IT. Thanks Katie