Tuesday, May 25, 2010

not in kansas anymore

The other day the boys and I walked to the grocery store to pick up a few essentials...


A doughnut and some lard.

Before we left I noticed this sign:


"'CALIFORNIA STUFF.' Y'ALL COME." Awesome. I'm sure the crowds came a'runnin'.
Last I checked, we live in Utah. But that little grocery trip was fairly reminiscent of something out of The Beverly Hillbillies. And it needs to be said - It was the first time I'd ever bought lard. Just as expected, it was cheap. Although it just seems wrong to even have to pay for pig fat.

4 comments:

MaryPosa said...

I do love how "BIG" and "CALIFORNIA" and "STUFF" are individually capitalized. That is just "AMAZING" and truly "CLASSY" I hope next "TIME" I see "SOMETHING" this "AWESOME" I "REMEMBER" to take "A" picture. Because I see "STUFF" like this quite frequently "IN" Cedar.

OUR HOUSE said...

Katie, where in the crap are pictures from the yard sale? Am I to believe that, after seeing this awesome sign, you did NOT actually go to the yard sale and find out what "CALIFORNIA" "STUFF" is? I am disappointed:(

Danielle said...

Priority must have been the pig fat.
If the poster had said "NEW MEXICO STUFF" Katie would have bought out the place.

I agree though, they should pay YOU to take lard. What did you do with previously mentioned Swine fat?

team cowan said...

I took it to a friend who was making tortillas. Apparently it's a vital ingredient. Mmmm...