Monday, March 15, 2010

the best things in life are free, but....

I'm feeling the urge to make money. We're doing ok, but I know that if I could bring in just a little bit, it could make a big difference. Plane tickets, mad money, pay off our ridiculous mortgage a little faster....(ugh).... That'd be nice. I'm thinking about openning up my etsy shop again. I used to make and sell polymer clay pendants. I only ever sold 2 from etsy (and one of them was to my sister), but my friend's husband set me up with a sweet deal at the Utah Shakespeare Festival and I was able to sell a ton in their gift shop one summer (fyi: that was the same year our dog Edison was in one of the shows). That was super exciting. I felt like a real artist. I loved it. So I'm considering pentdants/jewelry again. I'm also considering clothes, which makes me want to laugh out loud every time I think it because I'm MILES away from knowing enough about sewing to actually be able to sell this stuff. Plus I know the stuff I make is a little... different... So I don't know who would actually want to buy it. But it's worth a try, right?? I don't really have anything to lose, right? Well, my pride maybe. But we're supposed get rid of that anyway, right?

I would love some advice on the subject.

Or, to that ridiculously rich person reading this (I know you're out there), could you just pay off our house? You can forget about the boots. Just the house would be fine. Thanks.

6 comments:

MaryPosa said...

Do you want to be a Zumba teacher? I'm going to a class in April to get my certification so I can teach down here.

But in all seriousness, I loved your jewelry. You should try and see if the Shakespeare Festival will sell it for you again.

Beck n' Ben said...

I think it is a fabulous idea. I would totally buy your stuff for my kids ... if I had kids that is. As it stands I might even buy it for my future kids!!

Kelsie Matheson said...

Hey I didn't now you made jewelry! I think that is way cool! And for the record I love your clothes! Here is another idea for you- if you don't want to sew the clothes to sale what if you made patterns and instructions to sale? Just throwin' it out there.

Kristine Pratt said...

Both ideas sound great. Have you thought of baby products you could sell? I feel like all my friends love finding cute little things for their babies on etsy.

miss dawn said...

Okay deal! I can't wait to see your pendants! We also need to come over and play again! Are you going to be around in say. . . two saturdays?

Mandi said...

I'm telling you...baby shoes. I've seen them in action at sales. It's crazy. It must be the shoe fetish folks out there.